Saturday, July 10, 2010

Update

Fairly busy week.

For starters, pretty much decided against running Wasatch. Probably the most difficult decision I have made in a long time. Certainly one I did not take lightly. With our daughter only 4.5 months away, I simply cannot justify the amount of time I would need to dedicate to pull off a successful finish.

It feels kind of like when Mike Tomlin benched Rashad Mendenhall that one week for "not being on his details." I feel like if I did what I needed to do to get ready for Wasatch, I would not be on my details as far as preparations for a new baby. That is not a tradeoff I am willing to make at this time. It was a very, very difficult decision. I am still not 100%, but I'm getting there. Yesterday I was at about 80-85%. Today I'm well in the 90's.

Had a lot of other interesting stuff happen that I will elaborate on later. For the time being, listening to Insecticide by Nirvana (lovingly copied by my BFF Josh, "the only man I've every loved" ---> a shiny silver dollar to anybody who can tell me what movie that is from. I don't really love him, but I kind of do, because he is a fantastic person). I installed the drainage system for a laundry tub this afternoon (which I reckon we will need to clean up baby clothing that has been vomited, urinated, and defecated on). So far I have had a Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster, and a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. Also made my first visit ever to Babies R Us, can I just say that I flocking hate that place. It is very surreal. I can already feel it, I will be the odd man out in the group of parents. However, saw somebody in the store who I haven't seen in at least 10 years and actually was happy about it.

Also of note, while in that evil store, stopped in the aisle with all the big letters for sale, presumably to spell out your baby's name on the wall. I could not resist, I rearranged the letters so they spelled out the word "faggot." I'm not a homophobe, it was just the first dirty word that came to mind.

Like I said, I can already tell that I am not going to fit in with the other parents. I'm cool with that though, I happen to dig Eric.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment