Thursday, July 1, 2010

My dog


I love my dog, unconditionally. I would take a bullet for my dog and I'm positive she would do the same for me. There are very, very few living creatures on this planet that I value more than my dog. There will never be another one like her, I'm positive of it. When I wake up and get out of bed, and I hear that tail thumping on the floor, it brings a big smile to my face, every day.


I'm not sure why I love my dog so much. This morning when I turned my yellow lab calendar over to the month of July, I think the writing on the bottom of the page pretty much nailed it. It says:


He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.


I think that sums it up pretty well. That kind of dedication is not to be taken lightly. It bothers me when I hear someone say "its just a dog." That dog would follow you into hell on bloody paws if that's what you told it to do and that's not something to consider casually.

No comments:

Post a Comment