Sunday, July 11, 2010

hundred milers

Wasatch: probably not. Grindstone: maybe? Man, my wife is going to be pissed. I'll sleep on it and see how I feel in a day or so. This race looks to be maybe a little more doable due to the proximity issue, which is a biggie. I think it may be a Horton joint though, and I've heard about those races. I don't deal well when somebody is forcing their ideaology on me.

In the meantime, the trap for my laundry basin is leaking at the rate of about 2 drops of water per hour. It is still a leak though, albeit a very small one. The bad part is that I am going to eventually have to dismantle it all again once I do the water supply lines. It is also becoming apparent that I am going to have to anchor the entire tub to the wall. I'm thinking small blocks of 2 x 4 mounted directly into the block via Tapcons, then screwing the tub right into the blocks with drywall screws, washers, and those little rubber gaskets you get from Lowe's.

It is pretty amazing what a major commitment it is just to prepare for the arrival of this little 10 pound creature that won't even be able to talk yet. Sometimes we wonder what we have gotten ourselves into, but that conversation is invariably cut short by loud proclamations of "Too late!"

No comments:

Post a Comment