Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The little man

You know the little man in your head that tries to reason with you? I'm not mental here, everybody's got that voice. When you are trying to push yourself past a reasonable limit, the little man is that voice that keeps telling you to stop. Frequent lines of reasoning include "I'm tired," "I can't continue," "I think I'm injured," "I'll never make the cutoff," and on and on.

Part of the goal of my Wasatch training is to DESTROY THAT LITTLE MAN! That little sh!t is standing in the way of me achieving my goals. I reckon that once I have a mastery over that annoying little voice inside my head, I will be ready to finish Wasatch. I think I am well on my way to eliminating the little voice. He is a resilient little guy though, you've got to completely finish him off, because if you don't, he'll find a way to keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment