Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Few tidbits

Verdict: girl. That's cool with me, I reckon a father's obligation to his daughter is to teach her primariliy about male/female dynamics (among other things). Seems very straightforward to me. A father's job to his son is to teach him how to be a man, and since I have no idea what I am doing myself, I certainly don't feel qualified to be instructing somebody else. Either way, I'm happy.

Perhaps I am already straying into overtrained territory, after having barely started, since I could not sleep Saturday night, Sunday night, and had very restive sleep last night (Saturday and Sunday I ran, last night I rode the bike). This, along with my heel pain in the right foot, has me a bit concerned. An ultra veteran and advisor has suggested that I may even be starting too early, so I might get a reprieve for a few days.

Sunday's "semi-long run on tired legs" outing was a huge success compared to Saturday's disaster. Heart rate stayed in the 65-75% range all day, and I was able to keep it calm and relaxed the whole time. I was even able to run partly or all the way up a lot of the hills while maintaining the heart rate. As a matter of fact, I finished the first lap only about 7 minutes slower than it took me to do the day before, and I felt a thousand times better in terms of energy level.

No comments:

Post a Comment