Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wasatch 100 pictures

The race starts with a lot of climbing right off the bat



Approaching Chinscraper



Runners climbing over Chinscraper just before I got there


My Asian buddies I leapfrogged with frequently. Obviously the ground was covered with snow. This was a couple miles after Chinscraper.



Could be long the descent into Francis Peak



Amazing views after the Francis Peak aid station



I think this is at the top of Sessions Pass -- this climb had me rethinking whether or not running 100's was really a smart thing for me to do.



Somebody told me that at Wasatch you get amazing views, but you pay dearly for them.



My Asian buddies again, I think on the switchbacks down into Big Mountain Pass.



Don't know where this was at, but pretty much the entire course was this beautiful.



Big Mountain Pass aid station -- notice the Steal Your Face flag below the American flag



I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride (or not, I look pretty unhappy here)



Coming into Alexander Springs aid station



Sunrise over Catherine's Pass



Last 20 yards - "I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive, even though the signs tell me otherwise" (Tool)



Getting congrats from the race director while my mom patiently waits



"Think what you like, this is really where it's at" (Talking Heads)



I did not run the fastest time, but I was hoping for the best posing award



Laid out at the finish with my tea



Very happy finisher of Wasatch Front 100

2 comments:

  1. Dude: SWEET PICS! Unbelieveable landscape. Do love the last pic: in true yinzer fashion you find a place to sneek in a 'Stelars t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Cam, yes I am not really an ultrarunner, I am a former blocking back posing as an ultrarunner. The only kind of running that is truly enjoyable to me was the 5 yards I would have to sprint before leveling unsuspecting middle linebackers

    ReplyDelete