Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Utah




The last 3 days I have driven up to Brighton, ~9000 ft, just to try to get a little more acclimated to the elevation. I did not do any hiking, rather I just sat there at a picnic table (or yesterday, in the car since it was really cold) reading the best book ever, Fight Club (it was a book first, and yes, the book is much better than the movie). After 4 hours of sitting there each day, I was ready to cut my wrists due to boredom. I am so bored, I can't really take it anymore.
The pre-race weigh-in and meeting starts in a little over an hour and a half, so that should cure the boredom. A cold front is currently moving through (see pictures above), which means rain, and temperatures about 20 degrees cooler than the beginning of the week. On the downside, we will likely get rained on tomorrow morning. On the upside, we very well may see fresh snow at the higher elevations!
Drop bags are all packed (again see above), ready to be dropped off. Slept like a baby last night after watching Seinfeld, The Simpsons, and 2 episodes of Family Guy. Something tells me I will not sleep as well tonight! Got to catch the bus to the start at 4 AM!
Finally a big shout out to Cam "Wrong Way" Baker for essentially destroying the field at the running of The Ring this past weekend, and unfortunately missing a turn and therefore getting DQ'ed. Cam is a very gifted runner and a nice guy (also provides me with very useful advice on how to raise a girl) and I suspect we will all be seeing his name at the top of the standings a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment