Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Advertising

Its about time that some decent music is actually getting used in advertisements. Granted, what this actually means is that some corporate putzes are hoping that my association with a certain song or musician will ultimately result in my buying their product. I will strongly resist this!!! But it is a sure sign people close to my age are now designing commercials. Examples:
  1. Iggy Pop's Lust for Life used in a commercial for some cruise line
  2. Buzzcocks' Everybody's Happy Nowadays used in a commercial for AARP (I think it was AARP)
  3. Judas Priest's Electric Eye used in a commercial for minivans I think (I saw it during the Steelers' victory over Tampa Bay)
  4. Last, and definitely not least, Devo's Marc Mothersbaugh (Kent State University alumnus) being used to pimp Kent State, where they kill hippies. I was most excited about this commercial, because DEVO RULES and it's about time they got some recognition!

No comments:

Post a Comment