Thursday, September 2, 2010

guilty pleasures

Here are some of the things I am into that I would not necessarily advertise, but since nobody looks at this thing, here goes!

  1. Prince! I love Prince and basically anything he ever recorded. Side 1 of Purple Rain is a desert island record of mine for sure. Plus the guy can play like 20 different instruments.
  2. Madonna! I love Madonna too, especially the early stuff! Lucky Star is a popular song that frequently gets belted out around my house. Material Girl, Like a Prayer, all that stuff is great. Mike Watt is a Madonna fan too, so I'm less ashamed about this one.
  3. Loretta Lynn! A secret desire of mine is to sing "You Ain't Woman Enough to Take My Man" at a redneck karaoke bar and really pour it on, and watch the ensuing chaos.
  4. Dancing! I can't dance to save my life, and would never even consider doing it in public, but when it's just me and the animals, we seriously cut a rug. Sometimes I will do it in the presence of my wife. I can imagine that once our daughter is born, there will be lots of dancing.
  5. Roses! My roses are my pride and joy and I take great care to prune them regularly.
  6. Vegetable gardening! I don't try to hide this one too much but I love gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment