Monday, September 6, 2010

Utah day 2

















Today I drove to Brighton ski resort, to do the hike up to Catherine's Pass, the high point of the course at ~10,500 feet I believe. On the way up I came across a woman who has finished Wasatch 5 times, and as a matter of fact was a Grand Slam finisher in '09. She offered a ton of good advice and will be the weigh-in lady at Lamb's Canyon aid station. I showed her the gap in my teeth as a way to remember me by, I told her I would show it to her again when she weighed me in on Friday night so she'll know it's me. She is the one who took the picture of me at the top of Catherine's Pass.
The trail up to the top from Brighton was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It certainly was not easy, but hill repeats on the big hill at Laurel definitely was a good choice. Although not as long, that hill is much steeper and far more technical. Then again, I will be doing that climb after having already run 75 miles! I also saw a moose on the way up and got a picture. It is kind of hard to make out (above) but it is the picture at the bottom.
Finally, there was a young couple with two small chidren pointing out Mickey Mouse on a distant peak to their kids. I decided to risk being labeled a Buttinski and asked them to point it out to me too (they reluctantly played along). It is the 3rd picture from the top.
Went to Whole Foods again, that place truly is full of strange people. Also, still miss family.

No comments:

Post a Comment