Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Errata: CORRECTED 2012 Wasatch Front 100 Lottery Odds

I made a mistake on yesterday's Wasatch lottery odds. The official numbers coming out are apparently 499 lottery entries, and 302 available spots. These figures include all automatic entries. So, that means there is about a 60% chance of getting selected for this race! Apparently the race committee is considering increasing the overall limit (from 350, to something greater than 350), which will improve odds even further!

Yesterday I ran briefly, but hard, during lunch. Then in the evening, I did my driveway pushup/kettlebell/jumprope routine. Consequently, I am absolutely whipped today. I did not run, just did some chinups and other miscellaneous back/bicep exercises at lunch today. I might even take tomorrow off too, if I think I need it.

I have decided that while I don't have the endurance to run 50, 70, or 100 miles right now, I am very happy with the fitness this time of year and feel that I am capable of pushing real hard for short bursts. I don't know yet what my racing season will look like for 2012, but I am extremely pleased with the base training thus far. I can't remember the last time I have achieved this level of fitness, certainly not in the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment