Friday, May 27, 2011

more overanalysis on MMT (last one)

Upon reviewing my splits for MMT I have settled on the following:



  1. I was relatively happy with the performance for the first 60 or 70 miles (despite many problems). Had I kept this pace up, I am pretty confident I would have finished in the low 30's.

  2. Even when the infection set in and the wheels started to come slightly off, I was still keeping a respectable pace (all things considered).

  3. By the last section of the race, the wheels had officially come off -- it was at this point that I was basically dragging my right leg behind me. If I would have maintained a somewhat respectable pace on this section I still would have finished an hour or two sooner.

  4. The sting of a very, very slow time is nothing compared to the sting I would have felt from dropping. Therefore I am darn happy and proud about the 34:46 and change it took me to finish this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment