Thursday, May 26, 2011

more on MMT

Now that the dust has settled on MMT a little bit I am finding myself happy for the finish, but very unhappy with the time. I am definitely not THAT slow. Things were getting a little sketchy during the race (blisters, chafing, heat) but I was still on pace to turn out a relatively solid performance until my infection set in. My splits over the last few sections were horrid. I think I had literally the slowest split of all finishers over the final section (the one where I got passed by about 30 people).

My shin still hurts and I am having trouble straightening my left leg, but I am hoping this all heals quickly because I am very hungry for redemption. Perhaps I am not accurately remembering how bad I was during the race, and should just be happy I finished? Still, I'm not that slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment