Saturday, December 18, 2010

parenthood/running

I was able to get in two short runs so far as a parent. One was last night, the other this morning before everybody was up. The keys seem to be a strong headlamp (I use Black Diamond) and a willingness to run whenever the opportunity presents itself, often with little notice. Luckily the dog is very comfortable running snow covered trails in the dark, so I am able to get in a little time with my other little girl.

Baby is growing like a weed. She does little other than poo, pee, eat, and sleep. We do get a little bit of time to hang out together while she's awake. I like to spend it holding her (she likes to look at the Christmas tree lights), and I sing to her. She especially likes the Grateful Dead (mid 70's are popular right now in our house), and this morning we listened to the Bowie classic "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars."

My kid rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment