Monday, December 27, 2010

more parenthood updates

It is nice to be back in the office today. There is nobody screaming at me because they are hungry, or have soiled themselves and are relying on me to rectify the situation. Despite this, I miss my little girl terribly and a certain portion of me wants to be at home right now with my wife, helping out with the baby.

Right now at home we are reading from the heralded works of Mr. Sheldon Silverstein (unapologetic hippie and former Playboy cartoonist), "Where the Sidewalk Ends." I am enjoying it more than my daughter I think. We also love to sing and dance and today I am going to burn a cd that is heavy with Chaka Khan, Prince, Zapp, and Stevie Wonder (she loves the Grateful Dead, we'll see how she does with 70's/80's R&B).

I positively refuse to force my dog to take a backseat during this extremely busy time. This is actually working out excellent because it forces me to get up early and get my running in, which the dog happily joins in on. This morning it had to be in the single digits with the wind chill, but there are no weather conditions that will prevent the dog from wanting to go outside. Luckily she is comfortable running trails in the dark, while I enjoy the luxury of the headlamp. Despite the cold, the trail conditions are basically perfect: an inch or so of dust on the top, and pretty solid footing underneath. I used to really enjoy, and am once again enjoying, starting out in the dark, and gradually seeing the sun come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment