Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A bit of history

Fifteen years ago today, I was here, which was my first time seeing this band. It obviously had a big impact on me because I spent a great deal of time and money chasing this band for the next several years.
For a generation of kids like me, all the stars were aligned: we were footloose and fancy free enough (read: had adequate funding to make it to the shows but nothing such as kids, spouses, or careers to tie us down) to follow around a band that had been around for a little over a decade, and was really hitting its stride. By the late 90's this band was taking major chances and we were witnessing history in the making. Some of the fondest memories of my youth are at Phish concerts (in particular the summer of 1998).
A cultural phenomenon like Phish in the 90's is a once in a lifetime occurrence and I am glad I was there for part of it. I would never trade in my life now for anything though, I am more than content right where I'm at. Mortgage payments, wife, dog to care for, and more poopy diapers at 3 AM than I care to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment