Saturday, October 15, 2011

aloha



Today the wife went to the Pitt game so I spent most of the day watching my daughter. It is a lot of work but, it is all worth it -- she rules. Here is a summary, based on what I remember (it was a busy day):

  1. Got up and changed a wet diaper, tried to give her a bottle, which she didn't want. Had to settle instead for Cheerios, and little bits of chopped up bananas.
  2. Rocked out for a while. We listened to:
  • The Clash (Rudy Can't Fail, Let's Go Crazy, Junco Partner)
  • Rick James (Pass the Joint)
  • Blondie (Sex Offender)
  • Aerosmith (Toys in the Attic)
  • Big Rock Candy Mountain (song from the movie Oh Brother, Where Art Thou)
  1. Took a walk with the dog
  2. Ate again, more Cheerios, bananas, and mushed up apples
  3. Took a nap (while the baby napped I cut the grass, and got an estimate to replace our side porch)
  4. Woke up, changed yet another diaper, ate a bottle
  5. Went for a walk in the woods, by far the highlight of my day (see pictures below)
  6. Went to the playground and played for a while, she can't go on too many things there but she loves to be around the older kids. I seem to be the pied piper for little kids, who seem to think I am somebody worth befriending. Perhaps it is because they see an adult (technically speaking) who is acting pretty much like a maniac like the other kids. As a result, got befriended by a kid named Jordan as well as a few other kids who didn't tell me their names. As usual, the baby thinks it is so cool to hang out with the older kids.
  7. Came home, changed a diaper, and ate again. This time it was mushed up sweet potatoes, and chicken. At this point the wife came home, so I was relieved of my duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment