Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ahoy, world

Despite not being a morning person -- as a matter of fact, I hate getting out of bed in the morning -- I went for a short run this morning. It was my first time I ran since the Wasatch Front 100 DNF 4.5 weeks ago. I will admit, the leg turnover was a bit.........slow. Dodging cars wasn't the most fun either. But it felt great to be out by myself in the dark, where I got to check out the full moon for a couple minutes.

Got home and listened to the Misfits Beware EP while I got myself ready. It occurred to me that this was pretty much the same way I used to start my days when I was about 14 or 15 (minus the running): throwing on dirty clothes and listening to punk at 7 A.M. The only difference is that now, I have to hurry up so that I can feed my daughter before we leave, where previously I had to rush to not miss the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment