Tuesday, February 22, 2011

snowblowers

I think snowblowers are obnoxious. They are annoyingly loud, and emit that extremely offensive burnt fuel smell. I will always use a shovel and will teach my daughter to do the same.

At what point did we decide that shoveling was too difficult, and that we should use snowblowers instead? I can't pinpoint an exact date, but I suspect it was around the same time that we collectively also made the following decisions:
  1. Picking up a suitcase and carrying it is too much work! We should use those stupid little wheels instead
  2. Raking leaves and picking them up also is too hard! Leaf blowers are easier!

There are some (who will go unnamed) who contend that I chickened out myself by switching to a jackhammer to break apart my old patio before pouring a new one. I broke up about two-thirds of the old slab with a sledgehammer and pickaxe before renting a jackhammer. However I dismiss that argument on the grounds that most people probably would not even consider renting a jackhammer to do the job, and would rather pay somebody else to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment