Wednesday, February 2, 2011

10 Years


Ten years ago, during the early winter months of 2001, I lived by myself in an unheated 1 bedroom apartment in the South Side. I listened to the Talking Heads album "More Songs About Buildings and Food" about a million times, and lifted weights almost every day. I certainly do not lift weights as much as I used to, and the dwelling in which I now reside is heated, but the Talking Heads record still rules.


It, along with many of the other classic Talking Heads records such as "Remain in Light" and "Fear of Music" has also been reissued with "Bonus Tracks" which is a very cheap ploy to get fanatical listeners such as me to buy albums, again, that we already own. Of course I am going to buy them anyway because I want to hear the unreleased stuff.


I have been a huge Talking Heads fan ever since I heard them on Z-95 in the summer of 1996 in my red S-10 pickup. I would also like to add that I was a rabid Talking Heads fan before they were popularized when Phish covered "Remain in Light" on Halloween in.......1996? 1997? I don't remember, but I was into them WAY before that, which gives me bonus points in the coolness category!

No comments:

Post a Comment