Friday, January 7, 2011

updates

Baby is growing like a weed. Last night she fell asleep on my chest and I'll be derned if she didn't look like the cutest little thing in the world, all scrunched up and warm. I love my little girl more than anything in the world.

Running routine is coming into focus a little bit more. I am able to get out with a bit more regularity, and it does not appear to be too disruptive to the family life. Doing the trail runs with the dog before work is nice because I am able to kill two birds with one stone.

Got into MMT from off the waiting list this week. Hopefully, I will get into this race instead, or even better yet, this one. If either of those pan out, I will not be running MMT. I have just enough experience running 100's to know that one a year is more than enough for me.

Finally, I am able to indulge my chess addiction with a bit more regularity and I must say, I'm rusty. I HATE losing in chess. When I first started playing again after the baby was born, I was getting whipped from beginning to end. I think I'm improving somewhat, because I'm able to advance my pieces pretty well and control the middle stages of the game, I just can't close the deal. I could probably use a refresher on some of the basic strategies I typically lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment