Monday, January 3, 2011

667 -- The Neighbor of the Beast

I had a glorious day in the woods yesterday with my other little girl, the dog. The trail was crunchy and since there was a Stiller game on at the time, empty. Despite some lingering stiffness in the legs after Friday's "long" run of 2.75 hours, I still felt strong but was careful to not push it.

January/February is usually the most rewarding time of the year for me in terms of the satisfaction I get from my running. It is strictly a base building time for me and there is no pressure at all to follow a schedule except to get out and spend some time on my feet. I usually feel very loose and comfortable and thoroughly enjoy myself, and yesterday was no exception.

Listened to some good stuff from 4-5-98 (the "Island Tour"): Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > YEM > Theme From the Bottom, also Divided Sky and a Rebebula from date unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment