Wednesday, August 11, 2010

favorite rekids

If I had to pick only one rekid to take with me to a faraway place where I would have no access to any more music, it would for me be a very easy decision. Songs in the Key of Life by Stevie Wonder. Hands down the best thing ever recorded. Not even open for debate.

If I could take 5 or 10 with me, it would start to get difficult. Some contenders include:

The Idiot by Iggy Pop
Funkentelechny vs. the Placebo Syndrome by Parliament Funkadelic
God Ween Satan by Ween (or perhaps, The Mollusk?)
the first album by The Stooges
Repeater by Fugazi
first album by the New York Dolls
...And the Circus Leaves Town by Kyuss
The Correct Use of Soap by Magazine

I probably could not also survive without hearing Slayer, the Dead Kennedys, Brian Eno/Roxy Music, Hendrix, or the Minutemen (I met George Hurley outside a hotel once in Orange County, I had no idea what to say but he was very nice about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment