Friday, June 25, 2010

Thank you for being a friend


Apparently women are sensitive about their age (with the exception of the four lasses above -- I think 75% of them are now dead, although it is interesting to see Betty White's career somehow boom right now). Had somebody get visibly peeved at me this morning because I asked her how old she was (turns out she is 40, and this is a sore subject for her). Oh well. Note: I admit to having seen most episodes of the Golden Girls. I had two sisters who were into it, and I was probably 9 years old at the time so was therefore not old enough to realize it was a TV program aimed at old women.


Not like anybody actually reads anything I am writing (I do it mostly to just get it out of my system) but best of luck to all Western States runners this weekend. I did not make it into the race via the lottery for 2010, and due to my pending spawn, not sure I will even apply for 2011. Actually, I'm pretty much positive I will not even apply for 2011.


Should be a busy weekend, going to kick the Wasatch training into 2nd gear. Bike ride tomorrow (probably at least 3 or 4 hours worth), followed by running on Sunday (also run today at lunch while at work). Will either do a 5 hour run hosted by a friend, or a two-loop outing at Mingo. Due to proximity, and level of difficulty (the harder the better), leaning toward Mingo. Feel kind of bad about not participating with friends, but the clock is now ticking until September, and I think I've got to make every run count. On the home improvement/getting ready for baby front, this weekend I am committed to painting the kitchen ceiling, and hopefully start cutting and installing baseboard for the kitchen. Two relatively simple tasks that my wife has been bugging me about for months, and now I can hopefully knock off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment