Monday, June 28, 2010

Nothing in particular

WS100 course record fell, although I'm not sure if it will have a * next to it due to it being a snow year, which required an alternate course. It is truly amazing to me how somebody can run that fast. Apparently the winner was moving so fast that he outran his pacer at the end of the race. I truly hope that there is something I can do that makes others look on with awe like that. Perhaps it is remember Simpsons quotes, or my knowledge of obscure, early 80's, SoCal punk trivia. Or, perhaps it is building computer simulations of fossil fuel burning power plants. Very exciting stuff.

Saturday did the bike/run thing, same with Sunday. Saw a fairly short hill after an hour on the bike yesterday, and decided to ditch the bike for a little and do some hill repeats for fun. Tossed and turned last night, hopefully it is not my body telling me that it is too soon to start training again after Laurel. Could be from 1) the very potent Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster Imperial Pale Ale I had at about 7:30 PM, 2) the loud farting in the middle of the night, which apparently woke up both my wife and dog, or 3) general hotness on the second floor of my house.

Moved bed out of spare bedroom (which will soon be the baby's room) this weekend, this was the necessary first step in preparing the baby's room. Also painted kitchen ceiling, and finally installed baseboard in kitchen. These two small things should satisfy what my wife has been asking me to do for almost 6 months now.

It's official, I bought my plane tickets for Speedgoat 50k at Snowbird, Utah at the end of next month. Booked a room for 3 nights as well. Plan is to go Thursday, scope out part of Wasatch course Friday, run Saturday, come home Sunday. Expensive but in my opinion necessary to helping me achieve my goal of finishing the Wasatch Front 100. I think I will need all the help I can get with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment