Tuesday, September 6, 2011

wasatch.........here I come!!

The fact that I am bouncing off the walls, and cannot sit still for more than 4 consecutive seconds, leads me to believe that I have nailed the taper. Funny to think that for the previous two weeks, I had little to no energy and at times wondered whether I really had it in me to take this on again.

Turns out, lots of rest was just what the doctor ordered. I think I have only run 3 (maybe 4?) times over my 3 week taper. I was full-on sick for the first week, and was very cautious about jumping back into it too quickly as I started to feel better. If I did lose any fitness over that time, I think I have gained it back ten-fold in rest and positive outlook.

I am ready to rip..........this will be my 4th attempt at 100 miles (currently 3-for-3, and I have every intention of keeping that streak going), and 2nd time at Wasatch. So I am more than aware of what I have in store. At times it won't be pretty. However, as I have said numerous times in the past (but this time plan on keeping to), I plan to take an extended leave of absence from ultrarunning in 2012 (for starters, and maybe longer). Therefore, I intend to leave everything I have in the beautiful, rugged Wasatch mountain range.

No comments:

Post a Comment