Monday, June 27, 2011

sleep/rest

I told myself that today was the start of my Wasatch Front 100 training for the summer. So, here goes (again)! Last year I basically sacrificed my whole summer to prepare for the race. This year, I don't plan on "sacrificing" the summer again. That doesn't mean I am going to train any less hard, but it does mean that this isn't the sole focus of my summer. The most important thing in the world to me weighs about 20 pounds, babbles a lot, and is a real bundle of energy. I am not willing to spend family time preparing for what is essentially a pretty selfish endeavor.

HOWEVER, I am still very excited that I got the wife's blessing! I kicked off the season by riding the bike to work, setting a work-commute PR in the process. At lunch, I did my usual lunch time run, and set another PR by over a minute. I think the moral of the story here is not to undervalue the benefit of rest/recovery (I have not run since last Thursday)! I will do my best to remember that as I prepare to go back to Utah.

Shin has been a little bit tight lately, and I have some kind of dull pain in the bottom of my right foot. No idea what that's all about, good thing it didn't hurt during the run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment