Sunday, March 25, 2012

updates

I have decided not to pursue my triathlon goals this year. I was having a lot of difficulty picking up the swimming and while I like to think that I am not the type of person to fold when adversity arises, this was causing significant problems for me. I was not having any fun at all, therefore I decided it is not worth doing right now. Maybe one day, but not right now.

Have been enjoying the warm weather immensely. I took the day off on Friday and visited an old haunt, Mingo Park. This trail can be a muddy disaster at times, but surprisingly was pretty dry. I had forgotten how difficult this trail was: while the climbs are not all that difficult, they are everywhere! The whole thing is basically either going up or down at all times. I was plugging along pretty well and was running strong, able to run all the climbs with little trouble, which is promising for this time of year. However I think the temperature started to get to me a little bit (it was 81 degrees) since I started cramping and had consumed 2 liters of Gatorade in about 9 miles. By the time I finished I was kind of in rough shape and opted not to continue for a second lap like I originally intended. This was the right call, I really don't see the point in pushing beyond what my capabilities were for that particular day, especially since it is only March. Overall, it was a glorious day in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment