Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Spandex

I would really like to compete in a triathlon this year. I have always said that the day would come when I've had my fill of ultrarunning and wanted to try something new. My race calendar for 2012 is intentionally very light.......I swore to keep it fun this year and so far I am having a blast.

I would like to sign up for the Pittsburgh triathlon (international distance) in July. The only problem is that I refuse to wear anything made out of spandex. I won't do it. I'll swim in some regular style swimming trunks if I need to. I can completely understand the benefit of the spandex. Limits transition times, probably dries very quickly, etc. I'm not doing it though. Something about a grown man wearing spandex that just doesn't seem right to me.

I also will definitely not buy a new bike. I will ride the mountain bike I already own.

No comments:

Post a Comment